Have I mentioned that my dog is afraid of thunderstorms? This morning between 3 and 5AM, it rained pretty hard, and even though I didn't see any lightning or hear any thunder, Bailey was freaking out. I took him outside at 3:18 and he did some business. Then we went out again in the 4 o'clock hour for him to do a little more. And this whole time, he's shut in our room, pacing, panting, whining...making it impossible to sleep.
I finally gave him an herbal remedy that's supposed to help with anxiety, and I think that kicked in after 5, because I didn't wake up again until my alarm went off at 8. Then I took him for a walk, and he's been walking around in a daze and flopping on the floor to all morning since then.
I confess I don't feel bad at all when I "accidentally" wake him from one of these naps.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment