My hubby was nice enough to TiVo one of my favorite movies of all time, or at least Jr High. The Pirates of Penzance.It was put out in 1983, starting Kevin Kline, Linda Ronstadt and Rex Smith and I watched it on Beta video tape about 20 times between '84 and '86.
I remember the first time I ever watched it. I think it was summer or maybe just a weekend. My mom noticed that it was on HBO and suggested I watch it. I was at the age when anything mother suggested was surely a dud, but for some reason I watched it anyway. And I fell in love.
I loved the pirates, I loved the story, I loved the costumes.
It was fun watching it all over again today.

3 comments:
Man that thing is rough... some of those songs are not for the faint of heart.
I know you love it Baby... hopefully it takes another couple years to be back on the ol' TiVo.
I have no idea what you are talking about.
Scotty, I can't believe you didn't enjoy this movie - it's a classic! LOL "Modern Major General" is a very popular and often-quoted song....
Post a Comment