Tuesday, June 12, 2007

A sign

Here's a sign that I've watched maybe a little too much "Alias." I saw this symbol on my computer today:

< o >

This is the symbol of "the eye" of Milo Rambaldi, a fictional person invented by "Alias's" creators. This symbol is on all the stuff they created about this character, his journal, tunnels carved under snow and ice in the arctic, clocks, boxes, people had tatoos of it. It was everywhere.

When I saw this symbol today, I thought, isn't that the Rambaldi eye thing? And I spent about 30 minutes searching the Internet to make sure. Amazingly enough, there is actually a Wikipedia entry about the guy, fictional though he may be. It's amazing how much free time people have.

I've been watching season 2 reruns, you see. That's what made me think of it. It's not that it's ingrained in my head forever. No, really.

# # #

On a different note, Bailey had run out of dog food today. Normally I go to a store about half way home on my way back from work. But I don't like doing this because that particular location is very busy, especially during rush hour.

So today I did some checking to see if there was a pet store close to my office that I could run to at lunchtime. To my pleasant surprise, there is a Pet Smart less than 10 minutes away.

I like Pet Smart because they carry all the brands of food and all the different bag sizes. (Because of B's sensitive tummy, we have to get lamb and rice formula food.) I found the food aisle, and there it was, the last red 20lb bag of Iams.

And it had 10% more in the bag.

And it was on sale $3 off with the store card, which I had on my key chain.

And when I got to the register, there was a long line but they quickly opened up a new line and I barely had to wait.

I love how God makes ways for me, especially when I'm in a bad mood or just tired of the daily struggle. There are those who would say God set the world in motion and then sat back to watch this life unfold. But that's not what I believe. I've seen too much, He's given me too many little surprises in my life for me to think that He's not involved in all my minutiae.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Yes. Thank you Jesus for all those little things. Sometimes it's the little things that matter most.

Scott Donnelly said...

The "Alias" thing... as GOB would say, "Come On!!" That's pretty scary, pretty soon you'll talk about Sydney Bristow like she is a friend of yours, like how my parents talked about what Ray did today... "Ummm, who is Ray Mom?" "You know from 'Everybody Loves Raymond.'"

I'm glad God does that stuff for you too... Love ya'Baby!