As I've been reading Job this time, I have been noticing that even then, in this early early part of the Bible, I see glimpses of what God was planning with Jesus. Here are some examples....
Job 9:8 - He alone stretches out the heavens and treads on the waves of the sea.
Job 9:32-35 - He is not a man like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court. If only there was someone to arbitrate between us, to lay his hand upon us both, someone to remove God's rod from me, so that his terror would frighten me no more. Then I would speak up without fear of him, but as it now stands with me, I cannot.
Job 14:17 - My offenses will be sealed up in a bag, you will cover over my sin.
Job 19:25 - I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth.
I'm also reminded of a song by Rich Mullins, on his last project, The Jesus Record, called "My Deliverer." It's from the perspective of the Jews waiting for their promised Messiah.
So part of my goal in reading the entire Bible was to tie it all together in my mind and heart. I wanted to read the OT and see everything come to fruition in the NT and it's happening. I can't wait to see what I learn this time around....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment