Be yourself. Just like the genie said in Disney's "Aladdin." It sounds so easy.
Well, not easy. Simple.
But it's not.
It's not simple to strip away 35 (almost) years of things taught to me by others. Lies I've chosen to believe. Misconceptions I've accepted as truth. Thoughts or concepts that were well-meant but somehow destructive to the true me that God has in mind even now. The me that he wove together 35 (almost) years ago.
There's an application that I work with at work and each time I log in, I see this on my screen.

If only it was that easy. Click a radio button and hit Enter and you're there.
But like I said, it's not that easy. Just like so many things in this life, it's a choice to be made daily. Somedays I choose wrong just like Vizzini picking the wrong cup of wine in his little impass with The Dread Pirate Roberts in "The Princess Bride."
But sometimes I make the right choice, like Neo taking that pill in "The Matrix," and I find out "just how deep the rabbit hole goes."

No comments:
Post a Comment