Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can't cross a chasm in two small jumps.
-- David Lloyd George
This reminds me of a scene toward the end of the third Indiana Jones movie. He's got a clue about taking a "leap of faith" and there's a huge chasm he's got to cross. Jones closes his eyes and takes a big step off what appears to be a cliff. Instead of falling, he lands on a bridge he couldn't see from where he was before.
It's like Peter stepping out of that boat with Jesus. It seems impossible...but I have to remember that nothing is impossible for a God who parted the Red Sea and the Jordan. Who defeated many huge armies with just a few men. Who defeated a giant with a shepherd. Who came down to earth as a man to save us all.
Surely if He has done all that He can help me with my little problems.

4 comments:
Cool.
Great entry...and I need to be more like Indiana in life. So hard to do!
On a side note...I got to go to Israel in May this year and got to be in a boat on the Sea of Galilee and be baptised in the Jordan...amazing trip. Your entry reminded me that God is taking me on faith walks all the time.
Praying for you guys!
Thanks Cheryl. Who needs to read the Bible when they can just read this blog? Not me.
I would never presume....
Post a Comment