I am writing this blog from the parking lot of the Marysville McDonalds, the only place in town, it seems, with a wireless Internet connection.
Thursday was a bad day. I spent lots of time on the phone with the insurance company, trying to get them to change our name in their system from Connelly to Donnelly. And to get updated paperwork from them, and give them some info that they needed for their paperwork. They told me that I can't authorize them to talk to my mortgage person, because they can't make notes in their system. We would all have to be conferenced in on the phone together, which was not p0ssible.
The last time I called, I got transferred four times, each person saying they weren't licensed for the state and transferring me to someone who was. But they weren't either, so they would transfer me on. Finally the fourth person suggested that I just get a local agent and we found one in our city that I could see in the morning. A very frustrating day, especially since in between all these calls I was attending many meetings at work and trying to learn about my new company enough to report on its population.
Oh, and Scott called me and told me that we might have to pay some bills late because of all the transitions going on between the bank in MI and the bank in OH and having to bring funds to close the loan on Tuesday.
When I got home I was very frustrated with everything but instead of dwelling on it I turned back to God. And Friday was a completely different day.
I went to the insurance agent and we straightened everything out - she ended up re-writing the policy and fixing all the errors. And my mortgage people can talk to her in person any time they need info.
When I got to work, my name plaque was posted outside my office door. Just after I walked in, someone handed me a paycheck for last week that I was not expecting - for the exact amount we needed to pay our bills on time. I got my discount card for the stores, so now we can purchase what we need for the new house. My new credit union called and our ATM cards were ready, so I got to pick them up - a week early. The new checks that we thought were lost in the mail found their way to us so we can use them.
So let me just tell you from my experience this week. When bad stuff happens, remember that God is faithful, and He has blessings for you right around the corner, even if you can't see them at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sorry to hear about the bumps (DD)in the road last week. But glad to hear about God's faithfulness in overcoming the bumps. One of Grandpa C's farvorites (Isaiah 43: 1-5) comes to mind where God says: "....When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.... I know your name... you are precious in my sight."
We're doing double "arrow prayers" for you and Scott this coming week as you finalize some important details re your move. Love Ya! Dad C
Thank you for sharing this awesome experience. I am so prone to running to others or just dwelling on the problems rather than turning to God. It was so encouraging to first read you turned to HIM and then to read how He blessed you! Amazing. Keep going!!
What a great blog entry....thanks for a reminder that God is faithful and helps us (like he promises) in our times of need! Praying for you guys!
I always fall apart when I have days like that! Even still, God gives me the blessings, I just waste a whole lot of time being down about it all. Thanks for sharing that with me, I'm trying to be less of a live wire when it comes to stuff like that. I hope things continue to transition well.
Praying for ya!
Post a Comment