Friday, August 18, 2006

News for Today


Before I write about anything else, I have to say this. The bugs here are huge. There is this one type of fly that looks like something they would eat in a challenge on Survivor. These things hit your car when you're driving and bounce off, flying on their way. And I have seen lots of dragonflies and butterflies as well.

Ok.

The movers (both named John) got here around noon, and left around five after having moved all our boxes and furniture into our house. I was happy to see the vacuum (if you've vacuumed with a Dyson, you understand). I was happy to see the couch. And I was really happy to see the bed. The sheets are in the dryer right now so I can make the bed and we can STOP SLEEPING ON AIR MATTRESSES. :-)

The other thing I have to say is that I am so glad that these guys moved all our stuff. I cannot imagine moving all this stuff on and off the truck ourselves. They looked tired by the end and they were 20. How much more worn out would we have been? And I don't think we would have been able to load or unload in one day like they did.

Tonight I moved all my clothes from the suitcase to the dresser and from the wardrobe boxes to the closet. Tomorrow I hope to organize the kitchen, and maybe start going through our books and other things that are in the garage.

Anyway, that's it for now. I'm going to sit and read a while now while the sheets dry. I'm reading "A Voice in the Wind" by Francine Rivers.

Again.

It never gets old.

God bless.

4 comments:

Lifetime Dieter said...

Moving is so tiring! You make me tired just reading about all the stuff you're doing!

Heather said...

I am excited for you!

Faithful Joy said...

Man, we need to take you on a trip to southern Ohio where the real bugs live!!

I miss having you guys around...it's real quiet! I can't wait to see your new place when you guys are ready to start having people over. I also can't wait to meet Bailey!

You are loved!

Anonymous said...

Funny,

We have huge bugs here at the new house too. I told Dennis if the spiders were any bigger, they would be trapping birds, not bugs:) Sounds like things are going well!

Take Care.

Jen Kubica