Sunday, August 6, 2006

Update from Marysville

I have completed my first week at the new job. For some reason they were surprised I kept coming back every day, but I keep telling them I have no where else to go. :-) Actually, so far I am enjoying the people I am meeting and the most challenging thing is not to get lost when trying to find various conference rooms, etc. I get my discount card next week, which I am really looking forward to. Yesterday I took my first tour through a couple of the stores that I am supporting and I am really excited to be a part of this company.

We are closing on the new house on Tuesday, August 15 and I can’t wait. It will be so nice to be in our new place and really get this phase of our life underway. So far I am enjoying living here and I am finding my way around with the help of maps and directions from friends and co-workers. After we close on the house, we’ll get our stuff moved in somewhere in the Aug 16-19 weekend. That will be a big job, I’m sure, but hopefully unpacking and finding places for all our stuff will be more fun than packing it all up was.

There has been a lot of interest in our home in Allen Park, which is an answer to many prayers. We should know early next week if something that is in the works will end up happening. As I knew all along, God has his hands all over this and I just have to be patient and keep taking steps forward, trusting in him to work out all the details. He is a good Father.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like you are having fun! Enjoy setting up the new place. You are right---way more fun than packing up to go.

Take care!