Thursday, September 28, 2006

Be of good cheer


What started out as dark and rainy has ended up being sunlit, blue-skied and beautiful.

This morning I woke up, as my grandmother would say, before breakfast, and went into work early. It was my first drive to work in the dark, with rainy road conditions as a bonus. But I made it fine, especially since the traffic was light that early.

Initially I could not even log into the application that I went in early to work on, but I just did something else for a while and eventually could get my work done. I feel like I have turned some kind of corner this week. I am understanding how things work with my new job and am just feeling like I am getting a handle on what I'm supposed to be doing. I am able to think about something for a second and answer a question as opposed to doing the "sorry, I'm new here" shrug and sheepish smile.

1 comment:

Heather said...

What a good feeling that must be. I think it reminds me of just feeling good in your own skin. Does that make any sense at all??

I get up before breakfast EVERY day! ;-)

love ya!