I began my morning listening to Out of the Grey in the car for my 45 minute drive to work. I love singing along but I'm always looking around at my co-drivers to make sure no one is watching and laughing.
To start off my workday, I listened to the Riverdance soundtrack. I love listening to that music in the fall for some reason. Perhaps because Scott took me to see the show one fall a few years ago. Also, I think it makes me type faster, trying to keep up with the tapping. Then, while I was working on a project that could use a lot of "tweaking" (that was for you, Laura), I listened to a shuffle of Margaret Becker. What a songwriter she is. No one is like her.
After an offsite meeting in the afternoon, I got to leave work early, and I decided to listen to a little Annie Lennox on the drive home (Diva). I really like her voice and I'm glad I found this CD at the "Buy Back" place on one of our weekends in Ohio before we moved here.
I got off one exit early (we call it Shawna's Exit) to pick up dinner at McDonald's and reminisced for a moment of how Scott and I sat in that parking lot blogging and emailing with their wireless access before our Internet was turned on at home. Of course I checked my bag before heading for home to make sure they gave us all our food. Happily, they had.
At home, I found that our two additional dining room chairs and the mattress for the guest room had been delivered. I was excited to make the bed with the new bedding I got a great deal on at Value City Department Stores (shameless plug). Now I just have a couple more things to do and then it's early to bed, early to rise for me.
I'm sure in the morning it will feel, again, as if the weight of the world is on my shoulders. But then I will shrug it off and let it go where it belongs. Sing it with me, He's got the whole world in His hands....
God bless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey, how are you guys doing? Casey and I are wondering if we are going to see you again? It's been a long time. We miss you two.
Post a Comment