There's a saying
Your home is where your heart is
My heart believes it's true
- When I Think Of Home, Bryan Duncan
I had time to blog today after all so here goes.
My flight out of Boston was 2 1/2 hours DELAYED last night, so instead of leaving around 8 we left around 10:30. So here's my day yesterday.
6 AM - Wake up, get ready, finish packing
830 - Class
4 PM - Leave for airport
6 - Arrive at Avis to return rental car
630 - Arrive at Terminal B - find out flight delayed to 9:21, call Scott, decide to go eat dinner and relax
7 - Finish dinner, check the monitor, now flight is delayed to 10:21, decide to sit and read
8:45 - go to the bathroom one last time, go through security, sit at gate and listen to iPod
9:56 - Plane we need finally lands
10:20-ish - Boarding
10:30-ish - Wheels up
12:30-ish - Touch down in Columbus, de-planed, got bags, found Scott and headed home
Yes, it took me two hours to get to the airport from my training facility. It was raining, and there were accidents everywhere, and I made one wrong turn which got me off my Google directions so I just kept hoping by following "Boston" signs that I would eventually get to the airport. Finally I got to I-90, which was good, but it's got construction so it's down to one lane in many places, add in the accidents and rain, you get a two hour commute.
And because of all these driving problems, I couldn't fill up my car with gas like I was supposed to, so they had to charge me more. Oh, and I left my sunglasses in the back seat, and when they looked they didn't see them, so now they're just lost. This does not sound like a big deal but they were my first pair of non-drug store shades and Scott had bought them for me at the Sunglass Hut several years ago. I liked the style and the lenses were the perfect shade.
Here's the thing about Terminal B at Logan Airport. There are no restaurants, stores or bathrooms once you pass Security and get to the gate area. That's why I had to keep checking the monitors by the Ticketing area for the time changes. I was afraid I was missing those gate announcements that they sometimes give, and I didn't want them to leave without me. This is one of those situations where I get paranoid because I don't travel much and I'm just not comfortable with everything.
So when I went through Security I forgot to take the phone out of my pocket, so the magical doorway beeped when I went through. Thank goodness the TSA guy was calm because I immediately got flustered. I was tired, I felt dirty and I just wanted to go home. He just told me to remove my phone and put it in one of the white bowls and come back through, which I did without further incident.
Scott picked me up, which was nice. I missed him and being at home. There was not much traffic on the way home so we made good time. There was a lot of fog between Dublin and Marysville, though. Visibility was very short. But we made it and stayed up for a while unpacking and starting to organize for our trip to Michigan this weekend. I had Friday off work so here I am blogging. But now I have to go finish packing so we can leave.
Have a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Glad you made it home. Have fun going home home or up north. See you guys soon. It's been too long. Is scott feeling better?
Glad you got back safe.
I haven't heard that song in years! It used to be one of my favorites. I tried to find it on itunes and Apple let me down.
Hi Julie, Bryan Duncan may be one of the artists for which I kept my CDs. When we unpack them I'll let you know and maybe you can burn the CD sometime.
Post a Comment