Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Life is short. Stay awake for it.

This is the slogan of Caribou Coffee, and it is particularly appropriate that I am drinking my tea out of it this morning.

The last three nights have been rough. Two of the three, I have been kept awake by our dog who is scared of thunderstorms and therefore cries and whines until everyone is as miserable as he. The other of the three nights I was kept awake by firecrackers being set off in what seemed like our backyard. The Fourth of July was last week, people! Some of us have to get back to work early in the morning.

But they don't care, they're on summer vacation. Oh, how I miss it.

So I will drink my tea, which will hopefully keep me awake for the small part of life that I am going to live today.

1 comment:

Kristi Kurtz said...

What a cool slogan. And as for dogs...I get it....both of mine do the same thing. It is crazy. I miss summer vacation too. All the while when we are younger all we want to do is grow up....now grown up...all I want to do is have summer vacation and sleep. :)

Your comment on my blog was funny....and I am sure you are a better driver than Scott. haha!