Sunday, July 23, 2006

We made an offer

We found a house we like in Marysville and submitted an offer yesterday. We will find out by 6:00 PM tonight if it's accepted, rejected or countered.

We looked about 9-10 houses in total, 6 on Friday and 6 on Saturday, with about three that we saw on both days. The ones we really liked were mostly about 10 years old, two 2-stories and one split-level. We really like the layout of the split-level, but it would need paint and un-wallpapering and window repairs when we moved in and the one we chose to offer on is all shiny and clean already. As I'm sure you can imagine, after the amount of work we've done to our place on Beatrice, our desire to work on another house right away is non-existent.

This house is right near the highway I'll be taking to work, and is located on a culdesac in a quiet neighborhood, so we are happy with the location. The yard is not fenced so we're looking into alternatives for keeping Bailey in the yard. Most likely we will install an invisible fence.



We will be meeting with our realtor in Allen Park probably Monday night to go over some details, and she has already put a sign in our yard.

Tomorrow I begin my last week of work at Compuware, which is strange after being there for so long. I will really miss the people that I work with but I will be keeping in touch with them. I am looking forward to starting my new job on July 31. Until the housing situation is resolved, I will be staying with Shawna in her apartment.

Please keep praying for us as we continue taking these steps as God leads us.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh my goodness!! It's wonderful!...
I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you guys!!! :) oxoxo