Friday, February 9, 2007

Adonai

Adonai, by Avalon, not sure what album, I got it off a WOW cd for my iPod. I'm not sure these words are exactly right, but they're the way I hear them.

One tender faithful knock
Resounds upon the rock of ages
One trembling heart and soul
Becomes a servant bold and courageous
You call beyond the mountains and the seas
I answer from the deepest part of me

Adonai
I lift up my heart and I cry
My Adonai
You are Maker of each moment
Father of my hope and freedom
Oh, my Adonai


I looked up Adonai as a name of God and what I found online was that it means Lord of everything. I like that. I like that He is willing, no scratch that, He WANTS to be Lord of everything in my life. All I have to do is give it over to Him and that's the hard part that I have to do again and again each morning.

No comments: