Sadly, I did not learn to appreciate Rich Mullins' music until after his death a few years ago. After that, I got a greatest hits album and played it over and over in my car, absorbing it. Sometimes by Step is a song that I had heard many times in church and on the radio, but I never listened to the verses before. It's the second verse that makes me emotional.
Sometimes I think of Abraham
How one star he saw had been lit for me
He was a stranger in this land
And I am that, no less than he
And on this road to righteousness
Sometimes the climb can be so steep
I may falter in my steps
But never beyond Your reach
Oh God, You are my God and I will ever praise You...
When I go outside at night with Bailey and the sky is clear, I can see so many stars from here. But it's nothing compared to what Abraham could see on that night long ago when God spoke to him of his destiny and the legacy he would leave.
I just feel so...honored...humbled, that God has grafted me in to His family.
And when I fall (and being a clutz, I fall a lot), I am never beyond His reach.
Praise Jesus.

1 comment:
awesome thoughts.
Post a Comment