Thursday, February 1, 2007

Blue Skies

Blue Skies, by Bryan Duncan

I was introduced to the music of Bryan Duncan in 1988, when my brother Jim took me to a concert in Allen Park. At that time, this singer/songwriter did not have his own backup musicians. He travelled with something he called "The Econo-Band" which was a sequencer or something that played all his backing vocals and instruments while he played his keyboard and sang. He had so much energy on stage and I have grown to love all of his music over the years: Whistlin' in the Dark, Strong Medicine, Mercy, Anonymous Confessions of a Lunatic Friend.

Blue Skies was released a while back, but I listen to it often on my Pod. I love the whole happy song, but here is a favorite part:

Summer sun is comin' back to melt my troubles away
I'm amazed at the worries I can leave behind
Think I'll stay just where I'm at
It's a heavenly new day
Everyday, everyday, I'm walkin' in the sunshine!


I highly recommend Bryan Duncan's music if you need a little pick-me-up.

1 comment:

Faithful Joy said...

I LOVE BRYAN DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!