Thursday, February 22, 2007

Just a Moment Ago

Just a Moment Ago, Jeff Johnson, Pilgrimage

We were all right here, just a moment ago
Moving in the dance, just a moment ago

Now I am all alone, travelling away from you
I'm bound to this Pilgrimage, yet bound to this loneliness

We were all right here, just a moment ago
Moving in the dance, just a moment ago

We were all right here


Do you ever have a moment, in the middle of your busy life, when you know, you just know, that one day you will look back at this day with great fondness and wish for some of it back again? Wish you could put time in a bottle?

I do.

Sometimes when I'm in the middle of a season I know won't last forever, I just sit still for a long moment and treasure what I love about it. It could be extra time spent with an old friend or beloved family member. It could be the beginning of a new relationship or hobby or interest. It could be that moment just before my favorite tv show starts or the summer that my favorite song is on the radio constantly.

There were times I didn't treasure the moments when I was in the midst of them. Maybe I was too young or just distracted. Maybe I was looking ahead...wishing my life away again. This song makes me think of those moments I had with all my loved ones who have gone on ahead of me to be with the Lord. It makes me think of the moments with friends from places we used to go to church, people we did ministry with. All long, long gone now. Now I am into a new season.

I hope I can find that balance of treasuring today, keeping the past where it belongs but still learning from it, and looking ahead to the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Daughter:

Really enjoying your February Blog-series......... and today's blog really resonated with me. Life moves oh so fast....... and even faster the older you get! Am praying that you will be able to keep that precious "balance" of past, present, and future!

Love Ya! DAD