Thursday, February 15, 2007

You Move Me

You Move Me, by Susan Ashton. I got it off Wow 98...again. I'm sure it's on one of her cd's but I have no idea which one. I think it was also re-done by Garth Brooks.

This song has gotten me through a lot of interesting moments with God over the last few years. Sometimes I am so stubborn, only He could move me. And the "whistling in the dark" line always makes me think of Bryan Duncan's Whistlin' in the Dark album, which I love.

The song I listen to after this is usually something telling me "everything's gonna be alright" just for the reassurance.

Here is how love was to me
I could look and not see
Going through the emotions
Not knowin' what they mean
And it scared me so much
That I just wouldn't budge
I might have stayed there forever
If not for your touch

Oh but you move me
Out of myself and into the fire
You move me
Now I'm burning with love
And with hope and desire
How you move me

You go whistling in the dark
Making light of it
Making light of it
And I follow with my heart
Laughing all the way


And only God can make me laugh after the places He's moved me. :-D

1 comment:

Heather said...

I like this song too!

Love the new pic!