Lay down your burden
I will carry you
I will carry you, my child
Lay down your burden
I will carry you
I will carry you, my child, my child
I see these sleepless nights and
I count every tear you cry
Just call my name I'll come...running
I cannot tell you how theraputic this song has been for me. I rarely raise my hand for help with anything, so this is definitely something God and I are still working on. It will be a long road, I think.
The idea that anyone would run to help when I call is amazing to me. And for Jesus, the King of King and Lord of Lords to a) be listening for me, b) hear me amidst all the others crying out, and c) be willing to run to where I am to be with me and help...I have no words.
Record my lament; list my tears on your scroll -- are they not in your record?
~ Psalm 58:6 (NIV)
In the KJV it says he puts my tears in a bottle, which I believe was a custom way back when for someone who was grieving. I just love the imagery this creates.
There are so many burdens I take on my self and this song is a good reminder that I can bring them to Him and he will take care of me.

No comments:
Post a Comment