Sunday, February 4, 2007

I Ain't Goin' Down

I Ain't Goin' Down, by Shania Twain (Up album)

About two years ago, I started asking God to increase my faith, not knowing at the time what I was really asking and not contemplating how exactly something like that might be accomplished. Looking back at this past year, I can really see some of the ways that He did it and also the results.

We had been thinking about moving for quite a while, but all the doors seemed shut for a long time. Then I got the email from my current employer about having a phone interview and it all went from there.

There were many times on last summer's journey that I wanted to fast forward six months or so to just skip all the day to day hard stuff and end up settled in the new house, etc. But I knew that was impossible so then I started praying that God would show me the value in going through the day to day hard stuff. And in time, He has.

Looking back, the biggest change in me I think is that through all that stuff that happened, I believed that God was in it, behind it all, and that He would see us through. Even when everyone around me seemed to be doubting, I held on to that belief, though sometimes it was really hard to keep that faith. In the end, though, things have worked out beautifully, in a way that only God could have orchestrated.

I'm gonna hold on--
'cause what I believe in is so strong
No matter how long, no one
Can tell me I'm wrong--I ain't goin' down

No comments: